We have had quite a year 2018 with many successes and positive developments. To name just a few:
- We kicked off and grew the senior leaders, product management and systems engineering communities in response to the broadened scope of Software Center.
- We added CEVT as a new partner during this year and experience very strong interest from several other companies so I am hopeful that we will add new partners in 2019 as well.
- We experienced two very successful reporting workshops this year with attendance now growing to more than 150 participants and great closing keynotes by Luka Crnkovic (June) and Gerd Hoefner (December).
- The company-to-company knowledge exchange workshops keep
- going strong with a focus on SAFe and Open Source this year. Also the FUSA&CD workshop series keep running with a very successful one being held in Munich in September. For both, I would like to thank Frances Paulisch from Siemens.
- Miroslaw Staron and Wilhelm Meding organized a highly successful Metrics Day, hosted by Ericsson Gothenburg.
- Academically, we had licentiate defenses and PhD defenses (with Aleksander Fabijan receiving the Best Thesis Award at Malmö University) as well as promotions of faculty (e.g. Helena Holmström Olsson was promoted to Full Professor largely based on her research in Software Center). Also, Software Center had great exposure at the ICSE 2018 conference in Gothenburg as well as at SEAA 2018 and several other conferences.
- Finally, several Software Center researchers have started the first activities in the space of AI/ML/DL and I expect a significant doubling down on that topic in 2019.
Annual report in pdf format:
The pdf version of the Annual report is available here >>
Order your copies of the Annual report here: